From: Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: games-rpg/nwn-shadowlordsdreamcatcherdemon
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 17:35:27
1 On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Ciaran McCreesh <
2 ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 11:10:54 -0500
5 > Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > And this is all irrelevant since the copyright applies to the
7 > > software, not the location you obtain it from. Nobody commits
8 > > copyright infringement by buying a used book from their neighbour
9 > > instead of buying it at Half Price Books.
10 > > Distribution licenses are another thing, but if the original SRC_URI
11 > > from the ebuild wasn't RESTICT="fetch", what makes anybody think that
12 > > would suddenly change with a new SRC_URI?
13 >
14 > Are you a lawyer, and does this constitute legal advice? I ask, because
15 > the lawyers I've spoken to about a similar issue seemed to think it
16 > wasn't that simple.
19 Since - just like you - I'm not lawyer, I have no obligation whatsoever to
20 say whether or not anything I say is legal advice. And so you can avoid
21 this the-sky-is-falling legal nonsense, here's yet another SRC_URI from the
22 author himself:
23 https://onedrive.live.com/download?resid=14984242E2F69941!25302&authkey=!AEUh_81RXMobRbo&ithint=file%2cexe
24 See http://www.familyofadam.com/mod/nwn_downloads.aspx