From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: games-rpg/nwn-shadowlordsdreamcatcherdemon
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:15:15
1 On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 11:10:54 -0500
2 Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > And this is all irrelevant since the copyright applies to the
4 > software, not the location you obtain it from. Nobody commits
5 > copyright infringement by buying a used book from their neighbour
6 > instead of buying it at Half Price Books.
7 > Distribution licenses are another thing, but if the original SRC_URI
8 > from the ebuild wasn't RESTICT="fetch", what makes anybody think that
9 > would suddenly change with a new SRC_URI?
10
11 Are you a lawyer, and does this constitute legal advice? I ask, because
12 the lawyers I've spoken to about a similar issue seemed to think it
13 wasn't that simple.
16 Ciaran McCreesh