From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Should 'imlib' USE flag be on by default in x86 and amd64 desktop profiles?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:24:07
1 Jim Ramsay kirjoitti:
2 > I've run into it a few times now that fluxbox users running Gentoo
3 > wonder why they can't get icons to work in the fluxbox menus. The
4 > short answer is that 'imlib' is off by default in many profiles,
5 > including default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop and
6 > default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop
7 >
8 > I know that I could turn it on by default for fluxbox only using EAPI-1,
9 > but since it's a global USE flag, the profiles may be a better place.
10 >
11 > I think imlib is something most desktop users would want, since it lets
12 > them see all those pretty graphics. Comments? Concerns?
15 I run qgrep -He "IUSE.*imlib[^2]" to see where it's used. I think it
16 doesn't make sense to enable imlib by default for at least ffmpeg. But
17 then the question remains whether it should be on by default and then
18 turned of where it doesn't make sense. IMHO you should put in EAPI 1
19 defaults already and then remove them if it gets enabled globally.
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri