From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Should 'imlib' USE flag be on by default in x86 and amd64 desktop profiles?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:00:34
1 I've run into it a few times now that fluxbox users running Gentoo
2 wonder why they can't get icons to work in the fluxbox menus. The
3 short answer is that 'imlib' is off by default in many profiles,
4 including default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop and
5 default-linux/x86/2007.0/desktop
6
7 I know that I could turn it on by default for fluxbox only using EAPI-1,
8 but since it's a global USE flag, the profiles may be a better place.
9
10 I think imlib is something most desktop users would want, since it lets
11 them see all those pretty graphics. Comments? Concerns?
14 Jim Ramsay
15 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox/gkrellm/fluxbox)