From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Please test udev-115-r2 (was: udev rules cleanup / merging rules files with other distros)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:48:33
1 On Donnerstag, 6. September 2007, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
2 > On Dienstag, 4. September 2007, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
3
4 Hi there!
5
6 > That is already available as udev-115-r1 ebuild.
7 >
8 > I now tried to get a small ruleset to apply additional to upstream ones to
9 > get a sane status.
10 >
11 > This is now available as (masked) ebuild udev-115-r2.
12 > The files can also be browsed here: http://dev.gentoo.org/~zzam/udev/
13 >
14 > I know not all rules have been copied from old rules. But are all really
15 > needed?
16 > Please test this ebuild and give feedback about wrong pathes/permissions
17 > for devices.
20 I now did some more updates to udev-115-r2. This time it is about subdirs.
21 I removed /dev/fb/ as it does not play well together with
22 symlink /dev/fb -> /dev/fb0 (that upstream rules create now).
23 Same applies for /dev/lirc/ that we should also remove that from the lirc
24 rule.
25
26 Matthias
29 Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)