From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Please test udev-115-r2 (was: udev rules cleanup / merging rules files with other distros)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:59:27
1 On Dienstag, 4. September 2007, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
2
3 Hi there!
6 > So here we are:
7 > In udev git-gtree suse and redhat rules are already merged.
8 > But they use a different permission / group system than we have, they have
9 > less groups and assign some desktop permissions via pam_console.
10 >
11 > I also got all of our rules files (except 50-udev.rules) merged with what
12 > the other distros use (already in git).
13
14 That is already available as udev-115-r1 ebuild.
15
16 I now tried to get a small ruleset to apply additional to upstream ones to get
17 a sane status.
18
19 This is now available as (masked) ebuild udev-115-r2.
20 The files can also be browsed here: http://dev.gentoo.org/~zzam/udev/
21
22 I know not all rules have been copied from old rules. But are all really
23 needed?
24 Please test this ebuild and give feedback about wrong pathes/permissions for
25 devices.
26
27 Greetings
28 Matthias