From: expose@×××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [news-item] Paludis 0.24
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 20:53:42
1 Am Samstag 05 Mai 2007 22:44 schrieb Ciaran McCreesh:
2 > On Sat, 05 May 2007 22:37:37 +0200
3 >
4 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Erm, not really? This is about proper usage of GLEP42 stuff.
6 >
7 > Yes, it is about proper usage of GLEP 42. This news item is one example
8 > of that.
9 >
10 > > There's nothing critical about your * stuff.
11 >
12 > Sure there is. If users aren't informed about the change in an
13 > appropriate manner, the users get annoyed.
14 >
15 > You're trying to sabotage this based upon arguments over wording
16 > technicalities. Where is your evidence that this is not delivering
17 > what is best for affected users?
18
19 A may be his evidence, as I am a user, and do not thing it is worth a news
20 item.
21 It wont block paludis from working and
22 if you change it, so that it does you
23 have caused the problem yourself because
24 config file changes should not be abrupt, but
25 it is good to have a "buffer" version which
26 sends warnings to the user if
27 he didnt fix his config.
28
29 I bet there are other users around, who think a config file format change that
30 doesnt break anything but produce warnings in the first place is
31 non-critical.
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list