From: "Rick \\\"Zero_Chaos\\\" Farina" <zerochaos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removing 'selinux? ( sec-policy/selinux-*)' from DEPEND
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 21:44:06
1 On 11/01/2014 03:36 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 01:52:57PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >>> Michał Górny told me on IRC that I might be approaching this incorrectly (or
4 >>> at least, inefficiently). I was working on the massive bug-spree (right now
5 >>> stopped around 22% of the packages to investigate) so I'm temporarily
6 >>> holding off until I'm certain.
7 >>>
8 >>> The only change I want to instill on packages is to remove the USE="selinux"
9 >>> specific dependency to a sec-policy/selinux-* package from the DEPEND
10 >>> variable. So something like:
11 >>>
12 >>> DEPEND="
13 >>> foo
14 >>> - bar
15 >>> - selinux? ( sec-policy/selinux-bez )"
16 >>> + bar"
17 >>>
18 >>> If I am allowed to do this change without revbumping, I can just stop making
19 >>> massive bug reports and do the change(s) myself...
20 >>
21 >> You should have emphasized that the dependency will still be
22 >> in RDEPEND. As I said with QA hat on, such a change is fine since it
23 >> affects build-time dependencies only. People who installed the package
24 >> already are not affected.
25 >
26 > Thanks. I'll do the necessary updates tomorrow then (without revbump) and invalidate
27 > the bug reports I already made.
28
29 <hat=QA>
30 Just since you poked me on irc and I tend to yell at anyone who breaks
31 to dep tree by making RDEPEND changes without revbump....
32
33 I agree with mgorny. I don't believe this change will cause any issues
34 with the dep tree for people who aren't, or cannot, run dynamic deps.
35
36 Please proceed to make your changes as desired, without revbump, and you
37 may close your bugs.
38
39 Thanks,
40 Zero</hat>