From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removing 'selinux? ( sec-policy/selinux-*)' from DEPEND
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 19:37:04
1 On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 01:52:57PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > > Michał Górny told me on IRC that I might be approaching this incorrectly (or
3 > > at least, inefficiently). I was working on the massive bug-spree (right now
4 > > stopped around 22% of the packages to investigate) so I'm temporarily
5 > > holding off until I'm certain.
6 > >
7 > > The only change I want to instill on packages is to remove the USE="selinux"
8 > > specific dependency to a sec-policy/selinux-* package from the DEPEND
9 > > variable. So something like:
10 > >
11 > > DEPEND="
12 > > foo
13 > > - bar
14 > > - selinux? ( sec-policy/selinux-bez )"
15 > > + bar"
16 > >
17 > > If I am allowed to do this change without revbumping, I can just stop making
18 > > massive bug reports and do the change(s) myself...
19 >
20 > You should have emphasized that the dependency will still be
21 > in RDEPEND. As I said with QA hat on, such a change is fine since it
22 > affects build-time dependencies only. People who installed the package
23 > already are not affected.
24
25 Thanks. I'll do the necessary updates tomorrow then (without revbump) and invalidate
26 the bug reports I already made.
27
28 Wkr,
29 Sven Vermeulen