From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] another herd: lang-other?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:49:44
1 On Friday 09 January 2004 17:23, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Most of this list is composed of only one or two packages per language, so
3 > creating specific lang herd for every of them is kind of strange. Also they
4 > seem to have been committed by different people, so organizing them
5 > per-developer is also questionable. As I am identifying languages having
6 > "crytical mass" of submissions and finding interested people, I spin off
7 > another herd (like I just proposed for prolog). However this process is not
8 > that quick either.
9 >
10 > What I propose is to form a single herd that should pick up majority of
11 > these packages (and potentially related stuff from dev-utils or dev-libs).
12 > We can call it, say, "lang-other" or "lang-unfiled" or give me a better
13 > name ;) and start adding so far uncategorized languages to it.
14
15 seems like a neat idea ... but i know i personally dont like maintaining
16 languages other than ones i enjoy ;)
17 thanks for reminding me ... i put metadata.xml's in for the m3 compilers ;)
18 -mike
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list