From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] another herd: lang-other?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 22:23:03
1 Hi guys.
2
3 With this one I am calling for discussion. There are multiple packages under
4 dev-lang without metadata:
5
6 groug dev-lang # ls -1|wc -l
7 64
8 groug dev-lang # find -iname metadata.xml|wc -l
9 27
10
11 looks to me like 37 are not covered :(.
12
13 Most of this list is composed of only one or two packages per language, so
14 creating specific lang herd for every of them is kind of strange. Also they
15 seem to have been committed by different people, so organizing them
16 per-developer is also questionable. As I am identifying languages having
17 "crytical mass" of submissions and finding interested people, I spin off
18 another herd (like I just proposed for prolog). However this process is not
19 that quick either.
20
21 What I propose is to form a single herd that should pick up majority of these
22 packages (and potentially related stuff from dev-utils or dev-libs). We can
23 call it, say, "lang-other" or "lang-unfiled" or give me a better name ;) and
24 start adding so far uncategorized languages to it.
25
26 Any thoughts, opinions?
27
28 If there will be no objection in a few days I'll add this herd to herds.xml
29 and will ask people to sign-up, if you feel your package is related (please
30 add yourself to the herd and then add metatdata to the appropriate package).
31
32 George
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list