From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 21:01:00
1 Jurek Bartuszek wrote:
2 >> Only a short response, as I'm a bit in a hurry right now. From
3 >> #gentoo-council earlier:
4 >>
5 >> 18:25 <@robbat2> make him covert it to "_rc%04d%04d%02d%02d",$RC,$YEAR,
6 >> $MONTH,$DAY
9 > Let me see if I have this straight: suppose we have package foo-0.1_rc2
10 > released (very outdated) and we're waiting for foo-0.1_rc3. Then example
11 > of something between those two would be foo-0.1_rc000220070313? Would
12 > that force portage to update to this version? Wouldn't that prevent
13 > portage from enforcing update to _rc3 when it's delivered? Of course I
14 > might be wrong and if this is the case then excuse me for the whole fuss ;)
15 >
16 > Best regards,
17 > Jurek
18 >
19 This was one of the very valid use cases proposed and is definitely a
20 situation where robbat2's suggestion will not work.
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list