From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-ng? (Was: Summary Council meeting Tuesday 13 November 2012)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 09:49:18
1 El dom, 18-11-2012 a las 11:13 +0200, Samuli Suominen escribió:
2 > On 18/11/12 07:19, Greg KH wrote:
3 > > On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:00:52AM -0500, Richard Yao wrote:
4 > >> Having a builtin is a good idea, but the implementation as a mandatory
5 > >> dependency on kmod is not. The plan is to reintroduce it as an optional
6 > >> dependency, so that distributions (and Gentoo users) that do not want it
7 > >> can avoid it. None of us want to force dependencies on others and there
8 > >> is no need for this one.
9 > >
10 > > You do realize that you didn't really drop the dependency at all, right?
11 >
12 > Exactly what I had in mind. So far I see bunch of regressions (back to
13 > bundling code :() in the "eudev" repository and more it deviates from
14 > the orig. upstream the less attractive it's looking...
15 >
16 > What should be done, at most, is to cherry-pick and revert the things
17 > that killed the sep. /usr support, put it behind an USE flag to the
18 > current udev's ebuild, perhaps IUSE="+vanilla", and be done with it.
19 >
20 > - Samuli
24 +1
25