From: Colin Morey <moreyc@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GnomeUI-WARNING
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:04:24
1 On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 04:35, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I dont see ssh as being a good solution in this case. On a firewalled
3 > single user machine, the complexity of going through ssh (which seems to
4 > have a patchy history as regards security itself) seems like it might be
5 > more of a risk (i.e., misconfiguration, security holes etc) as well as
6 > the inconvenience of an unwieldy command line compared to the
7 > alternative - simplicity.
8 >
9 personally i find that "su" works, (without the - switch), so sudo su
10 gives me a root shell, which i can normally run X stuff from.
11
12 Cheers,
13 Colin Morey