From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag documentation
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:21:44
1 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> said:
3 >
4 >> One of the GLEP's primary goals is to provide a global use flag
5 >> definition and over-ride
6 >> it with a local definition. How does putting all flags in use.desc
7 >> and over-riding local flags in
8 >> use.local.desc not accomplish this?
11 > It does, and maybe that's what we should use instead? The reason for
12 > the email is to figure out if what we have now is good enough, or if we
13 > should switch to something else.
17 You're the one forcing people to remove overriding USE flags from
18 use.local.desc when that's something that people have been doing for
19 ages. The current Portage tools support that method.
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list