From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag documentation
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:02:42
1 Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o> said:
2 > You're the one forcing people to remove overriding USE flags from
3 > use.local.desc when that's something that people have been doing for
4 > ages. The current Portage tools support that method.
5
6 Because this behaviour is not documented anywhere, and if you check, the
7 only ones I've removed so far are ones that are word for word
8 duplicates. I'm also not sure if using the existing use.desc and
9 use.local.desc is the best way to move forward.
10
11 I have these different suggestions to see which one people like the best
12 and to see how I can improve upon them.
13
14 Thanks,
17 Mark Loeser
18 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org