From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IUSE and LINGUAS?
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 21:00:24
1 On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:43:58 +0100 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
2 <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3 | On Sunday 05 February 2006 21:34, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 | > that's retarded, please remove all such linguas_* crap from
5 | > use.desc files
6 |
7 | I can, but then Mr_Bones_ will come back to me again and we're stuck
8 | in this loop.
9
10 Mr_Bones_ is, in this particular instance, wrong. We do not go around
11 changing ebuilds simply because repoman has a bug. Instead, we make
12 sure that there's a bug filed about repoman being broken, and do the
13 right thing in the tree.
14
15 repoman is there to help catch certain kinds of common screwup, if
16 you're lucky. It is not there to be relied upon, and it is not there to
17 tell you what to do.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm