From: Mikael Hallendal <micke@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed Issuetracker via PEST
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:21:55
1 ons 2001-11-28 klockan 15.56 skrev Joshua Pollak:
2 > Ok,
3 >
4 > First off, I agree calling it issuetracker is a better idea than
5 > bugtracker, because of the desire to handle ebuilds/feature
6 > requests/etc. Also, I definately agree, an easy to use interface is very
7 > important. That's mainly why I don't like bugzilla very much.
8 >
9 > I think PEST would be the best system to use, I just came across it
10 > yesterday when searching for bug tracking software. The reasons I
11 > think its a good option are:
12 >
13 > - Good looking, simple interface, should be easy to use
14
15 In what way is it easier to use than bugzilla? I thought the interface
16 (at least the one in the demo) to be quite ugly and non-intuitive.
17
18 > So if Thread and chadh would like to contact me about letting me set
19 > something up, that would be cool. If anyone has any
20 > suggestions/comments, let me know. I think I will start in the mean time
21 > by setting up a test installation on my own server to see how hard it is
22 > to install and see what the issues are.
25 -Josh