From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Anti-spam for goose
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 09:49:42
1 On Fri, 22 May 2020 22:13:11 +0000
2 Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
3
4 > While services such as reCAPTCHA are (as said) massively intrusive, there
5 > are other, much less intrusive and even terminal-compatible ways to construct
6 > a CAPTCHA. Hello game developers, you have 80x23 "pixels" to render a puzzle
7 > for a human above the response input line - that's not so bad.
8
9 Well, they kinda have to be, the state of AI is increasing so much that
10 current captcha systems undoubtedly also develop their own adversarial
11 AI to try beat their own captcha.
12
13 I don't think we have the sort of power to develop this.
14
15 And the inherently low entropy of only having 80x23 with so few
16 (compared to full RGB) bits per pixel, this gives any would-be AI a
17 substantial leg up.
18
19 Using text distortion is amateur hour these days.
20
21 (and there's always mechanical-turk anyway)