From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: sys-pam category
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:26:26
1 On Sunday 05 June 2005 21:03, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > 14 files matching the pam prefix and 18 thing matching description.
3 You missed pam_ssh. And that's just an example.
4 By the way... mind telling everyone here how did you do that search? I still
5 feel that looking for pam things in a *single* place is more useful than
6 looking in many different places.
7
8 If you feel that sys-auth is more logical, seems good to me. I haven't said
9 that it *must* be sys-pam.. was a proposal and as proposal is something I'd
10 like to discuss.
11
12 > If you really feel you must invalidate everybody else binary trees
13 > and adding a workload on others for your gain then go for it.
14 For my gain? Wait I was talking of me in this case but it's not just me.
15 I think everyone which is looking for pam modules would like to search
16 something like sys-pam, instead of looking here and there on the tree or
17 trying to use some strange black-magic queries.
18 By the way, if you're looking for pam modules, your results are quite full of
19 cruft.
20
21 > But adding another category for what are clearly mostly system
22 > libraries does not make sense me in this case.
23 Currently sys-libs contains a very wide range of things, just a couple of them
24 seems to be strictly related. As I said, if you feel sys-auth is better,
25 good. That would probably take also other things like courier-authlib for
26 example.
27 But sys-libs doesn't seem the right place for me.
30 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
31 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
32
33 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/