From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:31:21
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 20:56:14 +0000
2 plasmaroo@g.o (Tim Yamin) wrote:
3
4 > Well, if you're going to have a package manager that delivers the
5 > same result as Portage it must therefore work with Catalyst...
6
7 Paludis can produce the same end result as Portage. The reason it won't
8 work with catalyst is that the interface is different.
9
10 Once again, this is going far beyond the scope of the initial
11 discussion. I'm not saying that Paludis should replace Portage, nor
12 that it should be an "officially supported package manager". The
13 question is simply one of whether I can add a top-level paludis profile
14 without people complaining overmuch, or whether I have to go through
15 the arch teams and make sub-profiles in 4 different places under
16 default-linux/.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list