From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 01:55:52
1 Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 > * profile:
3 > List and switch Gentoo portage profiles. Check if selected
4 > profile is valid in regard to used "ARCH".
5
6 Hmm, have to check this out and see if I can obsolete my own little hack
7 for changing profile.
8
9 > * What do we need to accomplish to get the status of an "Official
10 > Gentoo Project" ? Is a manager voting necessary ?
11
12 Just put it as a subproject under base as it doesn't have the substance
13 for a TLP, and I don't think azarah would mind it ;)
14
15 > * What do the maintainers of Gentoo's various -config and -update
16 > scripts think about converting their scripts into eclectic modules ?
17
18 Neither etc-update nor env-update fall into this domain.
19
20 > * What is the best place for eclectic in the portage tree? app-admin as
21 > it is an administrative tool? Or rather app-portage as it should be
22 > used together with Gentoo only?
23
24 Keep it in app-admin as it isn't really portage related.
25
26 Nice to finally see this becoming public.
27
28 Marius
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list