From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 22:26:46
1 > On May 3, 2016, at 5:42 PM, Farid BENAMROUCHE <fariouche@×××××.fr> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'm still searching for the reason why I'm not seeing my eclass modifications... no luck so far.
6 >
7 > What can I do to debug portage's behavior?
8 >
9 > Thank you
10 >
11 > --------------------------------------------
12 > En date de : Sam 30.4.16, Farid BENAMROUCHE <fariouche@×××××.fr> a écrit :
13 >
14 > Objet: Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
15 > À: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
16 > Date: Samedi 30 avril 2016, 20h03
17 >
18 > Hi all,
19 >
20 > I'm currently developping a patch for user.eclass, but I'm
21 > banging my head against a wall...
22 >
23 > So for testing first, I've setup an overlay, and I now
24 > that
25 > it is taken in account by portage (If I rename portage's
26 > user.eclass, emerge is still working. If I remove my
27 > overlay, emerge complains about missing user eclass. So my
28 > overlay is actually working)
29 > I've modified enewgroup and egetent for example and put
30 > some
31 > einfo and also modified some other stuffs to be sure that
32 > I'm entering the function....
33 >
34 > Then emerge sys-power/nut, I can see the pkg-setup traces,
35 > just after the call to enewgroup... but still cannot see
36 > my
37 > eclass modifications!
38 > I tried to modify directly the
39 > /usr/portage/eclass/user.eclass file, but still the same
40 > issue...
41 > I'm totally puzzled about this point! I'm most likely
42 > missing a stupid point somewhere...
43 >
44 > Anyone knows what could be the problem? Please let me know
45 > what traces/info you need and I will post them.
46 >
47 > Thank you!
52 You can't override the eclass used by ebuilds in another repo by default. You have to edit /etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf and adjust a setting. Man portage or googling about repos.conf should provide more info.