From: Farid BENAMROUCHE <fariouche@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 21:45:27
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm still searching for the reason why I'm not seeing my eclass modifications... no luck so far.
4
5 What can I do to debug portage's behavior?
6
7 Thank you
8
9 --------------------------------------------
10 En date de : Sam 30.4.16, Farid BENAMROUCHE <fariouche@×××××.fr> a écrit :
11
12 Objet: Re : Cannot see my eclass modifications
13 À: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
14 Date: Samedi 30 avril 2016, 20h03
15
16 Hi all,
17
18 I'm currently developping a patch for user.eclass, but I'm
19 banging my head against a wall...
20
21 So for testing first, I've setup an overlay, and I now
22 that
23 it is taken in account by portage (If I rename portage's
24 user.eclass, emerge is still working. If I remove my
25 overlay, emerge complains about missing user eclass. So my
26 overlay is actually working)
27 I've modified enewgroup and egetent for example and put
28 some
29 einfo and also modified some other stuffs to be sure that
30 I'm entering the function....
31
32 Then emerge sys-power/nut, I can see the pkg-setup traces,
33 just after the call to enewgroup... but still cannot see
34 my
35 eclass modifications!
36 I tried to modify directly the
37 /usr/portage/eclass/user.eclass file, but still the same
38 issue...
39 I'm totally puzzled about this point! I'm most likely
40 missing a stupid point somewhere...
41
42 Anyone knows what could be the problem? Please let me know
43 what traces/info you need and I will post them.
44
45 Thank you!