From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: intel-sdp.eclass add USE="examples doc"
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:02:41
1 On 11/27/12 4:38 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > On 27/11/2012 04:32, justin wrote:
3 >> Documentation and examples are installed on every system. Also japanese
4 >> man pages are installed.
5 >
6 > Does the documentation take time to build, or is it an external
7 > download? If no, don't use a doc USE flag.
8 >
9 > Do the example require to be built? If no, don't use an examples USE flag.
10
11 Everything is bundled and doesn't need to be built.
12 I know your are against USE for installation only purposes, so my
13 question is why?
14 The reason I introduced the USE here and in general to use it in similar
15 locations is that those packages install tons of documentation and
16 examples, which I personally don't like to waste my diskspace with. What
17 is wrong to give the user this install only option?
18
19 justin
22 > Japanese man pages are installed by a number of packages, and so are
23 > Italian and others — you could make them optional with linguas_ja, but
24 > my suggestion would rather be to keep them and tell people who want to
25 > have a minimal install to either use localepurge or installmask.