From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: intel-sdp.eclass add USE="examples doc"
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:50:53
1 On 27/11/2012 08:01, justin wrote:
2 > The reason I introduced the USE here and in general to use it in similar
3 > locations is that those packages install tons of documentation and
4 > examples, which I personally don't like to waste my diskspace with. What
5 > is wrong to give the user this install only option?
6
7 You could go with "minimal" in that case. How big said documentation
8 would be? Over 100M? Because boost's libraries are 100M without debug
9 information.
10
11 In general I prefer having everything available by default if it doesn't
12 require impossible amount of space, add dependency, or take time to build.
13
14 We have INSTALL_MASK and FEATURES=nodoc if you don't want the
15 documentation, after all.
18 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
19 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/