From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [RFC] Commit messages - WAS Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: What means bup?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 13:36:04
1 M. J. Everitt wrote:
2 > I'm thinking something along the lines of the following:
3 > - Line one is limited to <cat>/<pkg> and some Key Word that defines the
4 > type of change made, similar to bugzilla perhaps eg. "REVBUMP, VERBUMP,
5 > EAPIBUMP, BUGFIX, PATCH, FEATUREREQ, OTHER". This would get around the
6 > issue of long package-names and/or overlays and other lengthy prefixes.
7
8 This would remove one of two information atoms in commit messages,
9 reducing human expression in commit messages to mere 50%,
10 or to 0% for --oneline output.
11
12 I think that's unacceptably poor usability.
15 > This should satisfy line length limitations,
16
17 My counter-proposal is to bup the repoman line length limitation.
20 //Peter