From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild bumping policy wrt KEYWORDS
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:30:15
1 On Thursday 26 August 2004 17:04, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Personally I prefer my original wording:
3 > > Arch teams: when moving from ~arch to arch on an actively maintained
4 > > package where you're going ahead of the maintainer's arch, it's best
5 > > to consult first. You don't necessarily have to follow the
6 > > maintainer's advice, but at least listen to what they have to say.
7
8 The problem is still the same: Other arch maintainers can't know, which arch
9 is the package maintainers arch. I would always deny or mask it stable on my
10 arch as well, if I had no objections.
13 Carsten
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list