From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:21:09
1 Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > A massive portion might *need* PPPoE. DHCP is *almost never* required to get
3 > on a network. In almost every DHCP-based network, users can set a static IP
4 > and get connectivity without any problem. This includes every Cable ISP I
5 > have encountered.
6
7 apparently my cable ISP hasnt gotten the memo.
8
9 > Please try setting your IP statically. I think you will find that it works.
10
11 nope.
12
13 >>Is our goal just to be able to boot, or do we want to be able to boot and
14 >>do something?
17 > If you can't do anything without network, you have other issues.
18
19 yeah. network connectivity issues.
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list