From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 05:06:42
1 On Monday 03 April 2006 18:41, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > dont get me wrong, i hate documenting common sense as much as the next
4 > > sane guy, but it seems Gentoo has come to the point where this needs to
5 > > be done
6 > >
7 > > many thanks to the Ubuntu guys and to solar for doing the real work here:
8 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/xml/conduct.html
9 > >
10 > > i dont see how anyone can be against this (unless you're a terrorist!),
11 > > so this is on track to be integrated as-is into the dev handbook
12 > > Etiquette section
13 >
14 > I already happen to know a very large number of people are against this
15 > as worded, including myself. If you don't believe me, simply look back
16 > at the thread discussing Ciaran's access revocation by infra. Lots of
17 > people didn't like that very much. Forcing the same bullshit into
18 > policy doesn't change the fact that it is wrong, it merely provides a
19 > way for infra to blow off criticism by saying "RTFM" in the future in
20 > case such an event happens again.
21 >
22 > The simple fact is, until devrel has decided somebody has done something
23 > wrong, such pre-emptive strikes against developers are wrong as far as I
24 > am concerned.
25
26 please consider the document without the last two paragraphs as they do not
27 belong in it
28
29 devrel/infra interaction is covered/agreed upon elsewhere
30
31 my bad
32 -mike
33 --