From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Copyright lines in the profiles directory
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 05:36:18
1 >>>>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2021, Joshua Kinard wrote:
2
3 > Doing some review/cleanups in the MIPS profiles and there's some
4 > degree of variability going on with the top copyright header, mainly
5 > in the beginning year. I'm wanting to fix all of those up, but what is
6 > the appropriate beginning year here? 1999, or the first year that the
7 > file appeared?
8
9 Ideally, it should be the year when the file first appeared. However,
10 mgorny's approach is also fine (i.e. leave the start of the range
11 unchanged).
12
13 > I am inclined to go with "Copyright 1999-2021 Gentoo Authors" across
14 > the board,
15
16 Why would you move the starting year back in time? Please don't.
17
18 > but given that copyright is always a touchy subject, figured I'd ask.