From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: .la files and their future on Gentoo
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 06:31:31
1 On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:21:19 +0200
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Okay so maybe I come out a bit too strong; on the other hand I do find
4 > it tremendously off-putting that people who have a vague idea of how
5 > the files are consumed get to tell me that they should be kept for
6 > the sake of it (or all deleted for the sake of it as well).
7
8 Diego, perhaps you'd find the whole thing less off-putting if you
9 considered the possibility that some of the people commenting know *at
10 least* as much as you do about libtool, and if you took the opportunity
11 to learn from their comments rather than trying to dictate something
12 that you can only claim is a perfect approach on media where you
13 dictate which remarks do and don't get posted.
16 Ciaran McCreesh