From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: converting copyright/license information in OpenRC
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 16:49:47
1 On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 10:31:08AM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Hash: SHA512
5 > >
6 > > On 16/12/15 13:39, Rich Freeman wrote:
7 > >> I don't see how this is dishonest.
8 > > You answered this yourself,
9 > >
10 > >> They'll just be credited side-by-side with everybody else in once
11 > >> place.
12 >
13 > How is this dishonest? I see how it is less granular in one
14 > particular format. All the current OpenRC authors will be credited.
15 > The granular details of their contributions will still be present in
16 > git, even if it is hard to access.
17
18 I spoke with Roy, and he has only asked that we keep the attribution in
19 the binary form the same as it currently is on the master branch, and he
20 has asked that I show him the commit that makes the change before it
21 hits the master branch.
22
23 There is no intent to be dishonest, just consolidating attributions.
24
25 William