From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eselect_zenity: alpha eselect GUI
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:09:55
1 Markus Ullmann wrote:
2 > Doug Klima schrieb:
3 >
4 >> While I haven't had much time to work on the bits, Gentopia does contain
5 >> PolicyKit (though the 0.7 snapshots that appear do have some issues and
6 >> you should stick to the 0.6 series). It's hopefully going to be the way
7 >> forward for Gentoo to use PolicyKit. As many may know, Fedora has made
8 >> this commitment and Ubuntu is starting to contribute more back and be
9 >> involved a bit more.
12 > The gui project peoples along with two contributors and upstream already
13 > looked into that and at best we could use this notify feature for glsa.
14 > Gentoo is just too different to sanely work with it for full updates.
15 > Stuff like selecting useflags, outputting important changes, needed
16 > configuration updates afterwards and some more issues are plain not
17 > doable with packagekit.
18 >
19 > Though there is some work going on to get an abstraction layer for all
20 > three known package managers that work with the tree to make sure such a
21 > notify can be done.
22 >
23 > Greetz
24 > Jokey
27 I only meant for notification purposes. Not for any updates or automatic
28 merges.
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list