From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: eselect_zenity: alpha eselect GUI
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:25:42
1 Doug Klima schrieb:
2 > While I haven't had much time to work on the bits, Gentopia does contain
3 > PolicyKit (though the 0.7 snapshots that appear do have some issues and
4 > you should stick to the 0.6 series). It's hopefully going to be the way
5 > forward for Gentoo to use PolicyKit. As many may know, Fedora has made
6 > this commitment and Ubuntu is starting to contribute more back and be
7 > involved a bit more.
8
9 The gui project peoples along with two contributors and upstream already
10 looked into that and at best we could use this notify feature for glsa.
11 Gentoo is just too different to sanely work with it for full updates.
12 Stuff like selecting useflags, outputting important changes, needed
13 configuration updates afterwards and some more issues are plain not
14 doable with packagekit.
15
16 Though there is some work going on to get an abstraction layer for all
17 three known package managers that work with the tree to make sure such a
18 notify can be done.
19
20 Greetz
21 Jokey