From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: eselect_zenity: alpha eselect GUI
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:37:42
1 On 20:22 Tue 13 Nov , Markus Ullmann wrote:
2 > Doug Klima schrieb:
3 > > While I haven't had much time to work on the bits, Gentopia does contain
4 > > PolicyKit (though the 0.7 snapshots that appear do have some issues and
5 > > you should stick to the 0.6 series). It's hopefully going to be the way
6 > > forward for Gentoo to use PolicyKit. As many may know, Fedora has made
7 > > this commitment and Ubuntu is starting to contribute more back and be
8 > > involved a bit more.
9 >
10 > The gui project peoples along with two contributors and upstream already
11 > looked into that and at best we could use this notify feature for glsa.
12 > Gentoo is just too different to sanely work with it for full updates.
13 > Stuff like selecting useflags, outputting important changes, needed
14 > configuration updates afterwards and some more issues are plain not
15 > doable with packagekit.
16
17 I'd like to talk in more detail about this with someone, but nobody on
18 #gentoo-guis seemed to know why PackageKit wouldn't work for the simple
19 (no USE flag changes) case. Should I try the -guis mailing list instead?
20
21 Thanks,
22 Donnie
23 --