From: Wouter van Kleunen <kleunen@××××××××××.nl>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Init replacement
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:54:02
1 libxml2 and glib are small libraries (1.5bm in total). It is not as
2 heavy as (for example) python or perl. Libxml2 can be dropped, but i
3 probably will not. Glib is a convenient library for C programming that
4 more programs should use nowadays. The advantages that you get from this
5 system are pretty large.
6 Providing the same functionality with shell scripts is pretty difficult.
7
8 Concerning security, i only see the socket as a possible security problem.
9 What else can be exploited ? You should not run the init or control
10 program suid root offcourse.