From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Init replacement
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:44:24
1 On Friday 02 May 2003 11:34, Wouter van Kleunen wrote:
2 > I wrote a new init system that has numerous advantages over the old script
3 > based init system. Please have a look at:
4 >
5 > pinit.sf.net
6 >
7 > I am a gentoo user, and i converted my scripts -> services for my system.
8 > I would like to have feedback on this system. Please try it out on your
9 > system (safely from your home directory).
12 My main objection is the dependency on glib and libxml2. Those are
13 dependencies that are too IMHO too strong for an init system. I think shell
14 scripts are much safer.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze