From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] evms && lvm && lvm2 && device-mapper && raid ninjas wanted
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:29:39
1 On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 23:38 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > could people who have experience with the following topics:
3 > - evms
4 > - lvm
5 > - lvm2
6 > - device-mapper
7 > - raid
8 >
9 > kindly review the open bugs in bugzilla about each topic ? we few baselayout
10 > maintainers dont really use these technologies so we need feedback/patches
11 > from people who actually do
12 >
13 > notes:
14 > we dont care about baselayout-1.9.x (current stable) or really any version <
15 > baselayout-1.11.12 ... the reason is that with 1.11.12 we've forked out all
16 > the code into addon modules so that the 'maintainers' of these packages can
17 > update the code themselves as they see fit ... i guess one of the problems is
18 > that we dont have any real maintainers for these packages :)
19
20 I know that rocket does a good bit with this stuff, but he's /away for
21 another week on his honeymoon.
24 Chris Gianelloni
26 Games - Developer
27 Gentoo Linux