From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for July
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:28:17
1 On Sunday 02 July 2006 10:10, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 19:23 +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
3 > > Can we have another Sunrise discussion please? I would love to have some
4 > > feedback about Sunrise, about our progress and where we are still
5 > > lacking.
6 >
7 > What exactly is there to "discuss" about this?
8
9 the answer to this is really quite obvious
10
11 > What has the existence of Sunrise done for Gentoo? What new packages
12 > are now in the tree because of it? What new developers have been
13 > recruited because of it? What packages that were previously without
14 > maintainers in the tree have found maintainers due to Sunrise?
15
16 why do any of these matter at this point of time ? you cant kill a project
17 for failing to accomplish any of its goals when it hasnt been given real time
18 yet to actually accomplish them
19 -mike