From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for July
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:11:07
1 On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 15:26 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > > What has the existence of Sunrise done for Gentoo? What new packages
3 > > are now in the tree because of it? What new developers have been
4 > > recruited because of it? What packages that were previously without
5 > > maintainers in the tree have found maintainers due to Sunrise?
6 >
7 > why do any of these matter at this point of time ? you cant kill a project
8 > for failing to accomplish any of its goals when it hasnt been given real time
9 > yet to actually accomplish them
10
11 Nor was I trying to in any way. Instead, I don't see any point in
12 discussing something that still needs time to mature. The project
13 hasn't been around long enough to accomplish anything, so again, what is
14 there to discuss?
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
19 x86 Architecture Team