From: Florian Schmaus <flow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/ package naming policy?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 21:35:42
1 On 28/01/2023 17.38, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > To improve consistency and make packages easier to find, I'd like to
3 > propose going forward that when packages are published on PyPI, we use
4 > their official PyPI names. This also means preserving the case for
5 > the few packages that use CamelCase names and similar.
6
7 Consistency is generally a good thing. So +1
8
9 FTR, I think this should probably be applied in general in such
10 situations, and not just for the Python ecosystem.
11
12 - Flow