From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Horrible package descriptions
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:31:35
1 On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 19:12, Vadim wrote:
2 > I think that Gentoo needs some better way of describing packages. For example,
3 > I think it would also be a good idea to add longer descriptions, like those
4
5 It's a nice idea. On the theme of metadata that runs throughout the
6 entire distribution however there is a common argument against it. The
7 current information points the user to the package homepage which is
8 considered as the most uptodate and proficient resource of that
9 information. This also prevents information duplication and the need to
10 maintain it.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list