From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [last rites] media-gfx/sodipodi
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:59:31
1 foser <foser@g.o> said:
2 > Hey,
3 >
4 > just added a mask for media-gfx/sodipodi. It has been forked into
5 > inkscape and sodipodi development subsequently has stagnated. I intend
6 > to remove sodipodi in about 7 days.
7
8 Not directed specifically at you, but it seems a lot of people are
9 masking stuff and removing it very quickly, and I'd really like to see
10 everyone wait the 30 days to remove something from the tree. That way
11 anyone using this package in some way will get the message from p.mask,
12 and know what they should upgrade to.
13
14 With that being said, is there any reason that the package should be
15 removed so quickly?
18 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
19 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
20 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
21 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
22 http://www.halcy0n.com