From: "Herbert G. Fischer" <herbert.fischer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:26:07
1 Good job!
2
3 Shows nice on Firefox 1.0.7, Opera 8.5 and Konqueror 3.4.1!
4
5 I don't know if you are accepting suggestions, but I have a few "usability"
6 ones:
7
8 - The top blue bar(s) is too much big. In a 1024x768 screen it takes almost
9 half the showing page. Maybe decreasing the size of the "second" bar (the
10 one with detailed BG) and it's contents can be helpful. There are lots of
11 empty spaces inside this bars.
12
13 - The bottom menus are very nice but I think they are in the wrong place.
14 The natural human being will search for all the site menu items on the top
15 or "first" page (without scrolling). The rule in this case is to put all
16 menu items in one place, or, if this items need to be separated, so organize
17 and group related items. "Docs" in the top then "documentation" right bellow
18 and "Documentation" on the bottom again is a waist of space, don't you
19 think?
22 That was just a few suggestions. Sorry for my "english" writing. It's not my
23 native language.
24
25 Thanks!
26