From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devfs is dead, let's move on
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 03:55:51
1 John Mylchreest wrote:
2 >
3 > No objections here. I've been waiting fort his move for a little while
4 > now. The only real problems will be with those 2.4 (devfs) users who
5 > refuse to move, maybe this is good enough incentive.
6
7 Just to make sure on a few things, we're talking x86 users here being the
8 hardcore 2.4 types, right?
9
10 While I'm all for 2.6, mips-side, we've still got some issues on IP22
11 (Indy/Indigo2) systems that forces me to keep a 2.4.31 ebuild around. Sparc is
12 also in a similar, although much bigger boat, where a whole lot of 2.6.x
13 releases just don't work for various systems, thus they have to stick with 2.4.x
14 as well.
15
16 Any of these changes that may affect 2.4/devfs usage need to keep this in mind
17 that some of us who still use 2.4/devfs may not be doing so out of choice,
18 simply because it's the only option we have.
21 --Kumba
24 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
25 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
26
27 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
28 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list