From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: tetromino@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] epatch_user usage
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 04:19:35
1 On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:14:15 -0400
2 Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 06:05 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:45:36 -0500
6 > > Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > So I've just had one reservation when using epatch_user for
9 > > > allowing users to apply patches. And that's figuring out when to
10 > > > run eautoreconf. I don't necessarily want to run it
11 > > > unconditionally but sometimes users have patches which touch
12 > > > autoconf files but my existing patch set doesn't so I'm not
13 > > > calling eautoreconf. Does anyone have a suggested way to handle
14 > > > this?
15 > >
16 > > inherit autotools-utils
17 >
18 > That doesn't help the numerous packages that don't ship some of the
19 > autoconf macros they use in their source tarball, and therefore
20 > require additional build-time dependencies (gnome-common, gtk-doc-am,
21 > and so forth) to provide the macros needed for eautoreconf.
22
23 We can't help them unless you want the whole tree (including those
24 packages) to forcedly depend on them.
25
26 It's simply better just to assume: if user wants user patches, he/she
27 needs to have necessary deps installed.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny