From: Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] epatch_user usage
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 04:15:10
1 On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 06:05 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:45:36 -0500
3 > Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > So I've just had one reservation when using epatch_user for allowing
6 > > users to apply patches. And that's figuring out when to run
7 > > eautoreconf. I don't necessarily want to run it unconditionally but
8 > > sometimes users have patches which touch autoconf files but my
9 > > existing patch set doesn't so I'm not calling eautoreconf. Does anyone
10 > > have a suggested way to handle this?
11 >
12 > inherit autotools-utils
13
14 That doesn't help the numerous packages that don't ship some of the
15 autoconf macros they use in their source tarball, and therefore require
16 additional build-time dependencies (gnome-common, gtk-doc-am, and so
17 forth) to provide the macros needed for eautoreconf.
18
19 -Alexandre.