From: Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclass proposal - savedconfig.eclass - draft commited
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 13:58:18
1 Added draft of eclass as savedconfig.eclass. Hope it includes all suggested
2 technical options.
3
4 There is a masked version of dropbear-0.48.1-r1 that uses it.
5
6 Hope it suits your needs.
7
8 Feel free to abuse my coding style (or lack there of). Or poor use of bash
9 schematics.
10
11 On my todo list is:
12 - to move away from cp --parents with something BSD friendly.
13 - understand what $PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT is
14
15 Could consider if anyone is interested:
16 - USE=SAVEDCONFIG capitalised so that it looks and is assumed to be
17 dominate.
18 - pkg_postinst - ewarn "have modified the saved configuration of this package.
19 I assume you have set your USE flags to include the appropriate dependencies
20 and/or emerged the dependencies already."
21 - implement warn_config (though I don't think its really needed)
24 Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
25 Gentoo Foundation