From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclass proposal - savedconfig.eclass - draft commited
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:02:30
1 On Sunday 04 February 2007, Daniel Black wrote:
2 > Added draft of eclass as savedconfig.eclass. Hope it includes all suggested
3 > technical options.
4
5 save_config should only be called from pkg_preinst or src_install, not both
6
7 if this were a src_install function, then you wouldnt need to worry about any
8 of the extraneous crap like ROOT/PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT/etc...
9
10 > On my todo list is:
11 > - to move away from cp --parents with something BSD friendly.
12
13 the portability eclass has a cp func to address this
14
15 > Could consider if anyone is interested:
16 > - USE=SAVEDCONFIG capitalised so that it looks and is assumed to be
17 > dominate.
18 > - pkg_postinst - ewarn "have modified the saved configuration of this
19 > package. I assume you have set your USE flags to include the appropriate
20 > dependencies and/or emerged the dependencies already."
21 > - implement warn_config (though I don't think its really needed)
22
23 i wouldnt bother with any of this
24 -mike